Tuesday, December 27, 2016

III.VII. Another Start


Claire was expecting. This was terrifying and exciting all at once. She didn't think she was ready to be a mother again with her young sister and her son to take care of, not to mention the Royal's children. 



The youngest prince aged up though and he had his mother's beautiful red hair. He was a handsome young man and already his father was planning on who to marry him to in the coming years. There were many options and surely but the time he was a teen they would find him a lovely lady wife.


To their surprise in the following weeks, the young ghost girl also aged up. Claire had figured she would be stuck a baby forever so she had not bothered to name her. The young girl was always cold, her skin freezing if you should try to touch it...so Claire named her Freya. 


Claire wasn't feeling good one day, when the King called her to his Parlor to sit and talk with him. He was kind about it, but she was still very nervous. 


"We have a problem. You and I."

"We do?" Claire was a little shocked.

"My wife is jealous of you. She believes I am having an affair with you. You are expecting a child are you not? I fear she may try to say the child is my bastard."


"I do not understand why she would think this. I only do my job as I am told, my King." Claire did not understand why the Queen would think this. She barely spoke to the King.

"Because I am kind to you...But it is not because I am in love with you. It is because I know your secret." He sighed. "I know you are the daughter of Rebecca du Casse."


"B-but..."

"You look much like your father. My mother has suspected as much herself, but her mind is fleeting anymore so she has done nothing but mutter and hate you for a reason she cannot understand. You are my cousin and I have been kind to you for you are my family. I would restore you to your noble position, as your right by birth...but I cannot."

"I don't want that anyway. I have no idea how to be a noble woman, if you excuse my free speech, my King"


"You may speak freely with me, Cousin. I have no qualms with you or your mother. But my wife will find some with you if we do not do something soon."

"Like what?" Claire had no idea how to show the Queen she wanted nothing to do with the King. 

"I fear telling her that you are of my blood will do little to dissuade her. She will then fear you want my throne."


"Instead, my idea is that you quit working for us" His face was very serious as he said this.

"And do what?" Claire asked. They had no home, nowhere to go.

"Well...There is an old farm well out in the country than needs tending. You could live there and work the land."


So it was agreed upon. By the time the week was out, Clair would be leaving the first true home she had ever known and taking her small family to this new place so they might be safe. But as she thought about it...it was probably for the better. Freya would have more room to roam and wouldn't be stuck in the basement all the time. She might actually see the sun and feel the grass beneath her feet.


Best of all, their new home was all theirs. Large and imposing, it sat near the water. Claire had never felt more at home when she looked upon it. This was going to be the start of something wonderful.

----

They've had enough points to leave for a few simdays now. I was just going to let them stay (for plot reasons) until the Prince and Cein were teens. But, then Claire became pregnant...using MC i checked and she, for some crazy reason, has a 51% chance of twins! Ugh! So i built a house quick and moved them out. So much for my plot! But I'll see you all in the next stage! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment